If you’re a new vegan (or looking to become vegan) it can be a little overwhelming! I get messages ALL THE TIME from friends looking for advice and ideas on how to start their vegan journey. When I first decided to take the leap, I was concerned about convenience (or lack there of) because I don’t love cooking all the time. Thankfully though, I’ve had an opportunity to try out quite a few easy vegan recipes, and I wanted to share one of my favorites with y’all!
Mexican dishes are an all time favorite of mine, so anything vegan w Mexican flavor is right up my alley!
- Quinoa (and water to cook)
- Canned corn, drained
- Tomatoes – fresh or diced in can
- Black beans
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime or lime juice
- Jalapenos (or not, if you don’t enjoy spicy!)
- Spices – Chili powder, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, add water, quinoa, and tomatoes. When liquid starts boiling, reduce heat to simmer until quinoa is done.
- Stir in corn, black beans, lime juice, spices, and fresh cilantro.
- Serve with sliced avocado & enjoy 🙂
If you make a large batch, you can stick it in the fridge for 3-4 days and serve either warm or cold!
I hope y’all enjoy this super easy + super delicious recipe like I do!